Skip to content


Café and restaurant owners have the opportunity to utilise the outside area in front of their premises for serving food and drinks to customers in the public areas owned by the City of Helsinki.

You must always apply for a separate construction or action permit for a glazed street terrace from the Building Control Services.

However, before launching these operations, they have to make a contract with the city concerning the use of the area.

Available languages:

Finnish, Swedish, English

Related service points and contact information:

Contact info and service points:


Urban Environment Division

Suomeksi » | På svenska » | In English