Skip to content

Working on streets and in parks

A street, a square or a park can be used as a work area with the city's approval. Such work may include building work, moving, lifting work, property renovation, snow removal from roofs, film and TV productions or placing a demountable container on the street. The lease amount depends e.g. on the extent of the area used for the work.

If you need to do excavation work on a street, on a pedestrian or cycling lane, on a square or in a park, you need to fill out a notification about work in a public area. When planning to place permanent structures in a street, market square or park area, you need a placement agreement.

Work on a street or in a park that affects pedestrian, cycling or other vehicle traffic requires a temporary traffic arrangements plan. A plan is also required when parking spaces are reserved for other use using signs requesting people to move their parked cars.

Available languages:

Finnish, Swedish, English

Related service points and contact information:

Contact info and service points:


Urban Environment Division

Suomeksi » | På svenska » | In English