Community centre groups for people dealing with mental health issues
These groups are low-threshold meeting places for people dealing with mental health issues, who are lonely and in danger of becoming socially excluded.
The purpose is to encourage the residents in the worst situations to participate in the activities, by organising a regular and functional meeting every week.
The aim is to integrate the customers into the group on their own terms and in accordance with their wishes, and to provide them with feelings and experiences of success, through working and being together, in order to reinforce their self-confidence.
The services are free for the customers.
Groups meet in Saunabaari and Malmi Activity Centre. Please visit the Internet pages of the premises for more details.
The activities in community centres and local centres are open for all.
The service is only for citizens of Helsinki.
Related service points and contact information:
- AA groups in community centres
- Resident house activities
- IT and Internet services in community centres
- Recycling in community centres:flea markets, rummage sales, exchange of goods
- Cafés, buffets and other meal options in community centres
- Craft clubs in community centres
- Exercise services at community centres
- Community centre groups for people dealing with mental health issues
- Multicultural activities in community centres
- Renting community centres
- Volunteer activities in resident houses
- Community centres' neighbourhood circle