Skip to content

Seeking 24-hour care from outside the customer's home municipality

In addition to the home municipality, 24-hour care can also be applied for from other municipalities.

A person can also look for family care, institutional care or housing services outside his or her home municipality. The customer will be in an equal position with those living in that municipality, who have the need for the services.

Services are applied for with a form: Application for receiving services (applicant's home municipality other than Helsinki) which should be delivered to the Review, assessment and relocation office (SAS-office)/Home municipality issues.

The application is not dealt with if the applicant has filed the same application in some other municipality and the a decision concerning that has not yet been made. The client can yet apply for the same service in his or her own municipality.

Enquiries about home municipality:
Mon-Fri 9-10 tel. 09 3102 4644


The service is intended for people who cannot live independently.

The service is only for citizens of Helsinki.

Available languages:

Finnish, Swedish

Related service points and contact information:


The Social Services, Health Care and Rescue Services Division

Suomeksi » | På svenska » | In English