Information on City Services
Helsinki City Information Center
Information Center Helsinki-info tel. +358 9 310 111 11
- We offer general information and advice on Helsinki City services and immigration related matters
- We answer your questions via chat
- The services are available Mon-Thu 9-16 and Fri 10-15
Face to face advice:
Social and health services information and advice
Telephone health service
The nurses of the Telephone Health Service number 09 310 10023 provide the residents of Helsinki with health-related information, 24 hours a day. Please call the Telephone Health Service when you require treatment instructions for illnesses.
Emergency Social Services
Tel. 0206 96006 (24 h)
- Gives support and guidance.
- Assessment for the need of urgent social services outside the office hours.
Crisis emergency support
Tel. 09 3104 4222 (24 h)
- Offers mental support upon crisis situations.
- Visits patients at their homes, if needed.
Telephone number for social assistance advice for benefit processing Mon–Fri, 9am–12 noon. Tel. 09 3105 6257.
You can reach the Senior Info at tel. 09 3104 4556 from Monday to Friday at 8.30 am – 12.00 noon. The service is provided by social care workers at the service centres. Questions related to various services can also be sent via email email@example.com. Read more
Helsinki Region Tranport Customer Service
Tel. 09 4766 4000 (lnc). Mon-Fri 7am-7-pm, Sat-Sun 9am-5pm.
- Public transport routes and timetables
- Travel Card assistance
- Questions about public transport planning
Customer service for rental apartments
(Mon & Wed at 9-17, Tue & Fri at 9-15, Thu at 9-13). Exceptions from regular opening hours are announced on Stadin asunnot website. Visiting address: Itämerenkatu 3. Customer service: +358 9 310 13030 (at 9-15, Thu at 9-13). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other information services
- Comprehensive schools, upper secondary schools, vocational education, tel. 09 310 86400, Mon-Fri 10-12 and 13-15.
- Daycare, playgrounds activities and play clubs, tel. 09 3104 4986, Mon-Fri 10-12 and 13-15, Education Division
- Energy advisory 010 802 805, Mon-Fri 8.30-17.
- Food issues, housing health advice and animal welfare, Environment Centre
- Youth Information Centre Kompassi
Helsinki Tourist Information
The Helsinki Tourist Information offers free information about the city and its sights, events and services. Pick up brochures and maps, and get the tips and advice for making the most of your holiday. The main Tourist Information Center in Helsinki is situated in the VR Ticket Sale Hall at the Central Railway Station on Kaivokatu 1. The staff is available during the summer season Mon–Fri 9–19 and Sat–Sun 10–17. Tourist information
Telephone +358 (0)9 3101 3300
fax: +358 (0)9 310 13301
Customer service of the enterprise counselling wwekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tel. +358 9 310 36360. A business advisor is available to answer any questions related to starting a business 9–11 on weekdays at +358 9 310 36406.