Possible exposures in public places in Helsinki
How to prevent exposure to the coronavirus
We will update information on possible exposures in public places in Helsinki on this page. The exposures are cases of which the City of Helsinki Epidemiological Operations has been informed. A place is only listed on this page if all of the people who may have been exposed have not been reached in person.
The list only includes potential exposure sites that have been reported to the Epidemiological Operations Unit. Exposures may have occurred at other locations as well.
Public exposures are currently being reported in high numbers Helsinki. Infections have been reported particularly in connection with restaurant visits. The risk of exposure at restaurants has increased.
The possible places and times of exposure are updated on weekdays. The list contains places where people may have been exposed to the coronavirus during the past 10 days. Exposure places are removed from the list after 10 days of the possible exposure, which is the quarantine time instructed by THL.
The operators and companies on this list have been notified of the exposure as soon as the Epidemiological Operations is informed of them.
Exposure places and times
|Information added||Place||Address||Exposure date|
|20.10.||KiipeilyAreena Redi||Hermannin rantatie 5||14.10.|
|20.10.||McDonalds, Itäkeskus (restaurant)||Itäkatu 1||16.10.|
|20.10.||New Seaside Garden (restaurant)||Sepänkatu 19||13.-14.10.|
|20.10.||Sirkus Finlandia||Kaisaniemen puistokuja 3||17.10.|
|20.10.||Sizzle Station Tripla (restaurant)||Firdonkatu 2||16.10.|
|18.10.||Bar Chaplin (bar)||Mannerheimintie 6||12.10.|
|18.10.||Hesburger Tripla (restaurant)||Ratapihantie 6||12.10.|
What to do if you were in a place of exposure during the indicated time
- If you were at one of the places listed above during the indicated time, monitor your well-being carefully for the 14 days following the possible exposure.
- Typical symptoms of the infection include fever, coughing, headache, nausea, diarrhoea, muscle ache, a sore throat, a runny or stuffy nose, shortness of breath and loss of sense of smell or taste.
- If you have even slight symptoms which may indicate COVID-19, please make an appointment to be tested (see instructions below).
- Remember to wear a mask, maintain good hand hygiene, and keep a safe distance to others.
- If you need to be quarantined, the contact tracers will contact you.
- If you know that you have been exposed, for example if your contact has said that they are infected, avoid all social contacts. Even if you have no symptoms, take the test after five or more days from the exposure.
Instructions for making an appointment for COVID-19 testing
- Book an appointment by filling in the coronavirus symptom checker at omaolo.fi, or call the Helsinki Coronavirus Helpline, tel. 09 310 10024 (open every day 8–18).
- In urgent matters outside the opening hours of the Coronavirus Helpline, call the Medical Helpline, tel. 116 117. In the event of an emergency, please call 112.
- You can also come to be tested without an appointment at the Kannelmäki, Malmi, Kontula, Itäkeskus or Vuosaari mobile coronavirus testing points. Click this link to see the schedules for the mobile coronavirus testing points.
Further information on a coronavirus infection, testing and quarantine: