The vaccination sites are
- Jätkäsaari vaccination point (Tyynenmerenkatu 6 L 3). Book an appointment by calling + 358 9 310 46300 (Mon–Fri 8.00–16.00)
- Hivpoint Kalasatama (Hermannin rantatie 2 B). Book an appointment at hivpoint.fi
The vaccine being used is Jynneos. The vaccination series includes two doses with an interval of at least four weeks. The vaccinations are free of charge. Vaccines will be available until 22 December, after which they will be available again in January 2023.
A person who had monkeypox during the 2022 epidemic does not need the vaccinations for the time being.
The vaccine is being offered to the following groups
The monkeypox vaccine is being offered to persons over 18 years of age belonging to one of the following groups:
- Men who have sex with men and use PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis) medication for HIV prevention
- Men who have sex with men and are waiting for PrEP treatment
- HIV positive men who have sex with men and have had multiple sexual partners in the last six months
- Men who have sex with men, have had multiple sexual partners in the last six months and at least one of the following:
- group sex or
- a diagnosed sexually transmitted disease, or
- a visit in Finland or abroad to places involving sex with men, or
- participation in Finland or abroad in events involving sex with men.
The vaccine can be obtained with proof of identity
Be prepared to prove your identity, for example with an ID or Kela card, and take it out while you wait. After vaccination, you need to stay to be monitored for at least 15 minutes.
Please do not come to the vaccination point if you have symptoms consistent with monkeypox infection. Wear a mask when being vaccinated and take care of good hand hygiene.