On this page
Maisa client portal
Contact the City of Helsinki’s health and social services online via the Maisa client portal.
Professionals usually reply to messages sent via Maisa within three weekdays.
Maisa is available via a web browser at www.maisa.fi and via the Maisa mobile app. You can download the Maisa app onto your device for free via the iOS or Android app store (Apple App Store or Google Play).
- Mene osoitteeseen www.maisa.fi (linkki aukeaa uuteen ikkunaan).
- Napsauta kohtaa Kirjaudu Maisaan. Siirryt Suomi.fi-sivulle tunnistautumista varten. Kirjaudu sisään käyttäen vahvaa tunnistautumista, esimerkiksi verkkopankkitunnuksiasi.
- Tunnistautumisen jälkeen klikkaa Suomi.fi-palvelussa kohtaa Jatka palveluun ja siirryt Maisa-sivustolle.
- Ensimmäisellä käyttökerralla hyväksy Maisan käyttöehdot ja tarkista, että yhteystietosi ovat oikein. Voit täydentää tiedot valitsemalla valikosta Tilin asetukset ja Henkilötiedot.
- Jos haluat antaa esimerkiksi läheisellesi puolesta-asioinnin oikeudet Maisaan, se tapahtuu valikon kohdassa Tietojen hallinta ja Puolesta-asiointi ja laitteet.
- Download the Maisa app to your phone or tablet via the iOS or Android app store (Apple App Store or Google Play).
- Click ‘STRONG IDENTIFICATION’ on the screen to sign in to Maisa. Sign in by using strong identification, such as your online banking credentials.
- Next, click the ‘Continue to service’ button to automatically go to the Maisa app. In the future, you can also sign in to the service by using a PIN number of your choice.
- When using the app for the first time, make sure that your contact information is correct. You can add information by selecting ‘Account Settings’ and then ‘Personal Information’ in the menu.
- If you want to authorise someone, such as a family member, to act on your behalf in Maisa, you can do so in the ‘Manage Access’ section of the menu. Tap ‘Acting on Behalf of Someone Else / Devices’ in the menu.
You can authorise another person to act on your behalf in Maisa. For example, an elderly person can give authorisation to a family member, and parents and guardians can use Maisa on behalf of a child under the age of 18.
You can give the authorisation to another person either directly via Maisa or by bringing a power of attorney to a service point of the City of Helsinki Social Services and Health Care Division.
Power of attorney in DOCX format:
- Sähköisen asioinnin käytön sopimus/suostumus (docx, in Finnish)
- Avtal/samtycke om användning av e-tjänsterna (docx, in Swedish)
- Agreement/permission for use of e-services (docx, in English)
Power of attorney in RFT format:
- Sähköisen asioinnin käytön sopimus/suostumus (rtf, in Finnish)
- Avtal/samtycke om användning av e-tjänsterna (rtf, in Swedish)
- Agreement/permission for use of e-services (rtf, in English)
Scope of the authorisation to act on another person’s behalf
The person giving the authorisation can decide how far the right to act on their behalf extends.
- Full rights: The representative has the same rights and access to all of the same information as the authorising person.
- Appointments and messages: The representative has limited rights to act on the authorising person’s behalf. The representative cannot access the authorising person’s diagnoses or list of medications, for example, but they can book appointments and send messages on the authorising person’s behalf.
- Read-only access: The representative can view all of the information but cannot book appointments or send messages.
How do I authorise another person to act on my behalf in Maisa?
- Sign in to Maisa either via a web browser at www.maisa.fi or via the Maisa app on a mobile phone or tablet.
- Select ‘Acting on Behalf of Someone Else / Devices’ in the menu.
- Fill in the information and authorise a person of your choice to act on your behalf. Define what your representative is authorised to do on your behalf.
- Finally, click ‘Send invitation’.
With the free Omaolo service, you can start using health and social services quickly and easily when it best suits you. You will get recommendations that fit your situation and are based on scientific research. If necessary, Omaolo connects you with a professional.
In Omaolo, you can select a symptom checker that matches your symptoms or use the General symptom checker. The service provides you with instructions around the clock!
- Complete a symptom checker online when it suits you.
- Omaolo will provide you with appropriate instructions.
- If your symptoms require a professional assessment, you can send the checker’s results to your health station. Based on the symptoms, we will get back to you as soon as possible and within 24 hours at the latest. The most urgent cases will be handled by a professional within two hours.
Omaolo’s electronic health check service assesses your well-being and life expectancy based on your current lifestyle and what you might want to pay more attention to reduce your risk of illness. The health check includes 40 or so questions about your health, lifestyle and mental well-being. You can send the completed check to your health station if the results require a professional assessment.
If you and your loved one have considered seeking personal assistance or support for informal care or need help with mobility outside the home, you can use the service assessments to review what kind of support and help can be found from social services. The results of the assessment help you to assess whether you should seek support.
My Kanta Pages
My Kanta Pages is an online service that shows you the details of your online prescriptions. You can also use the service to submit a prescription renewal request and access your medical records, entered by doctors and nurses.
The information on your care and your laboratory results usually become available on the My Kanta Pages within a week.
Video visits and appointments
VideoVisit is a provider of virtual home care solutions. Go to the company website to find step-by-step instructions on joining a VideoVisit video call. The website also offers other instructions related to VideoVisit products. Go to the start page via this link .
Equipment and web browser requirements
- If you have a Windows computer, we recommend using the latest version of the Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browser.
- If you have a Mac computer, we recommend using the Google Chrome or Safari web browser.
- If you have a Mac computer, we recommend using the Google Chrome or Safari web browser. You do not have to register as a user or log in to use the app. Find the instructions on the VideoVisit website .
You can join a Maisa video appointment on a computer, smartphone or tablet.
Joining a video appointment on a computer
If you are using a computer, you do not need a separate app. Check your device settings to make sure of the following:
- Your camera is working properly and is uncovered.
- Your microphone is enabled.
- Web browser pop-up windows are enabled.
- Sign in to Maisa (the link opens in a new window).
- Select ‘Upcoming Events’ on the front page.
- Click the ‘Begin visit’ button next to the appointment to open a view with more details about the appointment. Then click ‘Begin video visit’ to join the appointment.
Joining a video appointment on a mobile device
Lataa Maisa-sovellus sekä Maisa Videovastaanotto -sovellus.
- Sign in to the Maisa app.
- Select ‘Events’ to see your booked video appointments.
- Tap on the ‘Begin visit’ button below the appointment details to go the Video visit page. In the Video visit section, tap ‘Begin video visit’ to start the video appointment.