Payment methods, parking fine and rectification request


Mobile phone
Payment by mobile phone is available from two service providers - EasyPark and ParkMan/NextPark – which both require registration.

Comet payment device
Parking can be paid with Comet payment devices. The device can be used until 31 December, 2017. More information:

Automated ticket machines
In new ticket machines you can pay parking by credit card and debit card. There are still few ticket machines what accept coins. The combination card payments will be charged by credit card. The new ticket machines can also find information on where the nearest coin-operated ticket machines can be found. If you do not have credit or debit card, you can purchase PrePaid credit card eg. from your own bank or R-kiosk.

Paying parking on a ticket machine


When you park illegally, you can be fined 60-80 euros. Unless payment is made by the due date, a penalty of 14 euros is added to the fine. The term of payment can be extended for compelling reasons.


If you think that you have been fined unjustifiably, you can contest the fine.
- The fine must be contested within 30 days.
- The fine does not have to be paid while the request is being processed.
- The process may take several months.
- Contesting a parking fine online

Contesting a fine when parking has been paid with a Comet payment device

The Comet payment history should be attached to a request to rectify an unjustified fine. You should check the history immediately after you have been fined, because the device only shows the last 20 parking transactions. The device can also be brought to the Public Works Department’s customer service or to a Comet sales outlet. Thus the processors of the request can check if the Comet machine operated correctly. The request should also include the device’s serial number.

Contesting a parking fine by other means than online form

A request to rectify an unjustified fine should be made in writing. The request should include

- your name and address
- the vehicle licence number
- fine number.

The request should include all documents referred to in the request. By including your bank account information, you speed up the possible repayment of the fine. A request for rectification can be submitted to the Public Works Department’s customer service by mail, by e-mail to by fax or in person.

25.04.2017 09:50