Maternity clinics to implement centralised appointment and guidance service
Starting from 15 November 2012, we can be reached at 09 310 55530 from Monday to Friday 8.00 to 13.00.
By calling this number, you can:
- make an appointment for a maternity clinic public health nurse
- ask for advice from a public health nurse
- cancel a maternity clinic appointment.
At the same time, we will be implementing a call-back service. If we cannot take your call immediately, we will call you back as soon as possible.
You can also reach your own public health nurse by phone by making a phone appointment.
Guidance in matters relating to child health is provided by public health nurses and physicians in cooperation with other specialists. Child health guidance provided to newborn babies and their families is a natural continuation of prenatal and maternity guidance, and extends to all children under school age. The aim is to promote child health and to support parents so that the child has optimal conditions for growth and development.
The number of visits to the child health station and of home visits depends on the needs and requirements of the child and the family. For an appointment, contact the health station in your own area.
Appointments with a public health nurse
- home visit by a public health nurse to the newborn baby
- visits to the child health station: for infants and their families when the infant is 1 month, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12, and 18 months old; for toddlers and their families when the child is 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 years old
Invitation letter to the extended health examination (pdf)
You can print and fill out the forms in advance.
Appointments with a doctor
- when the child is 6-8 weeks, 8 and 18 months, and 5 years old
Children´s intoxication and serious accidents
For additional information, contact the health station in your own area.