Southern Helsinki, south from Kaivopuisto
From the beginning of May to mid-October there are boat services to the island from Merisatamanranta (end of Kapteeninkatu).
There is a bridge between Liuskasaari and Uunisaari.
Liuskasaari is part of a group of islands near Merisatama. The Helsingfors Segelsällskap (Helsinki Yacht Club) has been located on the island for over a hundred years. This includes a club building, restaurant and marina. The island is open to club members but also guests.
- guest boat harbour
- restaurant, tel. 09 2709 7040
The pavilion-style restaurant was designed by Runar Finnilä and opened in 1949. Glass, ceramic and wall paintings by Mikael Schilkin and Björn Landström decorate the beautiful dining-room.