A. Basic protection recommended for all
1. Diphtheria and tetanus (dT)
- Should always be kept up-to-date.
- A booster vaccine is given every 10 years.
2. Polio (IPV)
- A booster vaccine is given every five years (when travelling to endemic/epidemic areas).
3. Measles, mumps and rubella (MPR)
- Every adult should be protected against measles, mumps and rubella EITHER through a past infection OR through two doses of MPR vaccine. If there is no full certainty of protection, two doses of MPR vaccine are recommended. If the protection is only partial, a booster dose is recommended.
Children and young people
1. Measles, mumps and rubella (MPR)
- All children older than 6 months should be given the MPR I vaccine before they travel abroad.
2. Check that your child has received all the vaccines belonging to the Finnish National Vaccination Programme.
- Any missing vaccines need to be administered and, if necessary, the programme can be speeded up.
B. In addition
Depending on their destination, some travellers will need, in addition to the basic vaccinations, a vaccine against hepatitis A or a combination vaccine against hepatitis A and B, and possibly also a vaccine against tick-borne encephalitis, if they are travelling to risk areas.
C. Extensive counselling services on vaccinations for travellers
- Depending on the destination, a traveller may need some additional vaccinations besides the basic vaccinations and hepatitis vaccinations. These include, for example, vaccination against yellow fever. Oral preventative medication, such as malaria medication, may also be necessary.
- The need for additional vaccinations and preventative medication depends on what type of stay you are planning (whether you are travelling to an urban area or hiking in the countryside), how long your stay will be (weeks or months) and what the risk level of your destination is.
- It is a good idea to find out about the circumstances in your travel destination well ahead of your visit. You should contact your health station approximately 2 months before your trip so that there will be enough time to estimate the need for additional vaccination or preventative medication.
- Please note that guidance, vaccinations and preventative medication for travelling do not count as urgent care so you should book an appointment at your local health station in good time.
D. The City of Helsinki practical arrangements as regards vaccinations for travellers
- Please complete the vaccination report in advance and bring the completed form to the nurse’s appointment.
LONG-DISTANCE TRAVELLER’S VACCINATION
REPORT: doc | pdf
БЛАНК ВАКЦИНАЦИИ: doc | pdf
CADAYNTA TALAALKA QOFKA SAFARKA FOG
FOG U BAXAYA: doc | pdf