In Southern Helsinki,near Kaivopuisto, about 3 km from the city centre
Enquiries and binding reservations from April 7,2014, tel.+358 9 310 71518 (weekdays 7am-2pm)
When you make a reservation, be prepared to provide the following information:
-personal identity code
- if you do not use your reservation, it must be cancelled at least a week in advance by calling the reservation number
- if the reservation is not cancelled, there will be a fee of € 50 + € 22.50 in office expenses
superintendent Raimo Lehtinen, tel. 09 310 71518
http://www.jt-line.fi/, puh. 09 534 806
Note: Dogs are not allowed on boat services but people with their own boat can bring dogs to eastern Pihlajasaari.
Pihlajasaari is a former villa island that is now a versatile outdoor recreation area. It still has a few old villas set amongst rocks, wooded areas, groves and beaches. Varying terrain, good location and services have made Pihlajasaari the most popular summer island in Helsinki. Sun worshipers are attracted by Pihlajasaari's sandy beaches. Several buildings on the island are protected.
Pihlajasaari is actually two islands (western and eastern parts), but these are connected by a light bridge. Pihlajasaari covers about 26 hectares.
- for day guest free of charge, over night fee is €15 / boat
- 24 finger pontoons
- 24 moorings
- charge €15 / day
- in Eastern-Pihlajasaari
- only at weekend, Fri 12 to Mon 12
- 3 cooking shelters
- firewood supplied
- naturist beach on eastern part of Pihlajasaari
Kiosk and cafe
- Pihlajasaari, tel. 09 622 2532, +358 40 546 5350
There is also a recreation centre for senior citizens on Pihlajasaari. Programme is arranged by the Kamppi service centre.