The aim of Hilma, the support centre for disabled immigrants, is to promote the integration of disabled immigrants in Finland, as well as their ability to cope independently.
Hilma offers support and counselling to disabled immigrants and their families, as well as to those working with them. The support centre operates nationally and serves all disability groups.
The support centre
- offers guiding and counselling services for private customers
- offers counselling services for organisations and authorities
- maps out the disabled immigrants’ situation in Finland
- informs about the disabled immigrants’ situation in Finland
- produces information and educational material
- offers training for interest groups, such as organisations and authorities
- co-operates with disability and immigration organisations, as well as with authorities.