The symbols developed for the pictogram databank were required to be clear, understandable and accessible. This has been ensured through cooperation with various organisations of the disabled and other partners; the symbols have also been circulated widely for comment and tested. The pictograms were also tested in the form of tactile images at a session organised by the Finnish Federation of the Visually Impaired.
- City of Espoo, Accessibility Representative
- Finnish Association of People with Physical Disabilities, Accessibility Centre ESKE
- Culture for All Service
- Finnish Federation of Hard of Hearing
- Kynnys: the Threshold Association
- Me Itse ry. NGO
- Finnish Federation of the Visually Impaired
- Finnish Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Papunet online service unit
- VAU ry [disabled sport and fitness association]
We need your feedback to keep the symbol databank up to date!
Let us know about new signs not featured here, or point us to good sources of visual material.
Feedback, tips and requests can be sent to the Helsinki for All project; contact information is available here.